This plugin uses WordPress Core tools for GDPR Compliance.
Since release 4.9.6, WordPress admin has some tools to handle Privacy User Requests. Administrators are able to create Data Request for every users in order to send or erase users data. This plugin allow website administrators to display Data Request Forms in front-end, for example in your Privacy Page.
Easily integrate a Personal Data Request Form for your visitors/users in front-end, with two options:
– Personal Data Export
– Personal Data Erasure
Easy to integrate:
The widget allows to integrate Data Request Form in your theme widget areas. It comes with two options: Form Title and Form Description Paragraph. Both are empty by default so no title/description are displayed by default.
[gpdr-data-request] shortcode allows to integrate Data Request Form everywhere you want, wether in a post or with PHP, using
echo do_shortcode( ['[gpdr-data-request]'] );PHP snippet. This shortcode has no parameter.
Function (next release)
We’re currently working on some PHP functions to allow developers to customize front-end forms. This is slated to the next release.
Gutenberg Block (next release)
We’re of course working on a Gutenberg block integration too 🙂
GDPR Data Request Form is using AJAX to provide clean and user-friendly forms in front-end. You can integrate them in your Privacy Page / Legal Notice with our shortcodes or in your sidebar/footer with our widgets.
CAUTION: You need WordPress 4.9.6 at least to use this plugin!
Data Request Workflow:
- The user/visitor use your Personal Data Request Form to ask for Personal Data Export or Erasure.
- A request is created in WordPress Admin > Settings > Privacy.
- An email is sent to the user/visitor to confirm this request.
- The user request is set to Confirmed in WordPress Admin > Settings > Privacy.
- An email is sent to the website administrator to validate the request.
- The personal data are sent by email to the user/visitor (as a 3-day available download link), or erased, depending on the user request type.
Front-end form feature.
Front-end form request succeed.
Confirmation email sent to the user/visitor.
Data requests screen updated in WordPress Admin.
The user/visitor confirmed this Data Request.
Website owner can email user/visitor personal data.
The user/visitor received an email with a download link.
Personal Data Export as received by the user/visitor.