Also could be known as Widget Customizer 2.0, Widgets 3.0, or Widgets Next Generation.
This plugin implements:
- WP-CORE#33507: Allow widget controls to be JS-driven.
- WP-CORE#35574: Add REST API JSON schema information to WP_Widget.
- WP-API#19: Add widget endpoints to the WP REST API.
- Widget instance settings in the Customizer are exported from PHP as regular JSON without any PHP-serialized base64-encoded
update-widgetAdmin Ajax roundtrip; this greatly speeds up previewing.
- Widget have a technology-agnostic JS API for building their forms, allowing Backbone, React, or any other frontend technology to be used for managing the form.
- Compatible with widgets stored in a custom post type instead of options, via the Widget Posts module in the Customize Widgets Plus plugin.
- Compatible with Customize Snapshots, allowing changes made in the Customizer to be applied to requests for widgets via the REST API.
- Compatible with Customize Setting Validation.
- Includes (eventually) re-implementation of all core widgets using the new
- Widgets that extend
WP_JS_Widgetwill not be editable from widgets admin page. A link to edit the widget in the Customizer will be displayed instead.
- Only widgets that extend
WP_JS_Widgetwill be exposed via the REST API. The plugin includes a
WP_JS_Widgetproxy class which demonstrates how to adapt existing
WP_Widgetclasses for the new widget functionality.
No screenshots provided