WordPress Login with Cognito plugin allows Login(Single Sign-On) to WordPress using AWS Cognito account credentials. You can SSO(Single Sign-on) to your WordPress site with Cognito using this plugin. This plugin uses OAuth protocol to achieve Single Sign-on. It also covers User Authentication with OAuth protocol and allow authorized user to login into WordPress site.
In simple term, Single Sign-On(SSO) means login into 1 site / application using the credentials of another app/site.
Example. If you have all your Users/Customers/Members/Employees stored on 1 site(ex. gmail, wordpress, etc.), lets say site A and you want all of them to register/login into your WordPress site say site B. In this scenario, you can register/login all your users of site A into Site B using the login credentials/account of Site A. This is call Single Sign-On or SSO.
- WordPress Login with Cognito supports single sign-on / SSO with Cognito domain.
- Auto Create Users : After SSO, new user automatically gets created in WordPress
- Account Linking : After user SSO to WordPress, if user already exists in WordPress, then his profile gets updated or it will create a new WordPress User
- Attribute Mapping : Login with Cognito supports username Attribute Mapping feature to map WordPress user profile username attribute.
- Login Widget : Use Widgets to easily integrate the login link with your WordPress site
- Redirect URL after Login : OAuth Login Automatically Redirects user after successful login.
- Logging : If you run into issues OAuth Login can be helpful to enable debug logging
No SSL restriction
- Login to WordPress (WordPress SSO) using Cognito without having an SSL or HTTPS enabled site.