This is the long description. No limit, and you can use Markdown (as well as in the following sections).
An easy to install, simple to use Donation button that launches a popup for sending Bitcoins.
To use it, you need a Bitcoin wallet that is either BIP32 or BIP44 compatible. (When in doubt, use one of the recommended wallets on MoneyOverIP Donations.)
Our Bitcoin Donation popup generates secure single-use payment addresses (that is, a different payment address for each user and each transaction). This protects your transaction history from prying eyes.
- Use a simple shortcode to place the donation button.
- Many button styles to choose from.
- Email notifications when a payment is made (in addition to your own bitcoin wallet notifications).
- Place several buttons on per page.
- Backend page showing all received donations.
- Export transactions to CSV file.
Installation and Configuration
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the
Settings -> Bitcoin Donationsscreen to configure the plugin
- Provide an email address.
- Provide an XPub key. We recommend creating a new wallet for use with the plugin, to separate Donations from this source from possible other Bitcoin transactions originating from elsewhere.
- Request a MoneyOverIP ID (this ID helps us generate payment addresses in a safe manner).
- Choose your button style.
- Optionally, enable Test Mode so that only the admin will see the new Donation button.
- Save the form.
- Copy-paste the shortcode, place it where you want the Donation button to appear.
Install the MoneyOverIP Bitcoin Donations plugin.
Configure the plugin via the settings page.
Use the shortcode to place the Donation button where you want it.
Visit your website and try out bitcoin donations!