Open Graphite lets you control how your WordPress content is viewed when shared on social media.
Typically when one of your pages is shared on social media (Facebook for example), the platform will use the first image and text it can find on the page. This is usually not ideal and often truncates the content into something nonsensical, resulting in the page being less likely to be engaged with.
Open Graphite solves this problem, by allowing you to customise the image, title and description of any of your pages that are shared on social media, all without compromising the original content.
How to use
For the homepage…
- Go to Open Graphite (admin side menu)
- Set your homepage title, description, image and object type
- Enter a Facebook app ID (optional)
- Enter a Twitter username (optional)
- Choose a Twitter card type
- Select which post types to enable for
For posts and pages…
- Create a new post or page (or edit an existing one)
- Scroll down to the Open Graphite metabox
- Enter your desired title, description, image and object type
Open Graphite Pro has additional features, such as:
- The ability to use with additional custom post types
- Previews for Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Specify automatic defaults for titles, descriptions, featured images and object types
- Open Graph content indicators
- Limit the number of characters for titles and descriptions (prevent your titles and descriptions getting truncated)
- Additional open graph options
- Significant discounts on selected Rocket Apps products