A plugin for managing and displaying videos on your website. Creates a “Videos” Custom post type allowing you to integrate youtube videos with WordPress to output custom titles, descriptions and image thumbnails to display videos on your website. Alternatively you can also output any youtube video directly via shortcodes, optimised for responsive devices with a variety of output options to best suit your page.
Includes a number of embed methods:
- Embed: These can be within the content,
- Modal: as a modal,
- Gallery: multiple videos in a gallery
Youtube video embed with a custom thumbnail and a title using a video custom post:
Youtube video brought in by youtube_id displayed using a modal:
Video gallery using the thumbnail option:
Video embed using a non-youtube video:
One of these options must be set:
Output a video from a custom post
id='' (default: blank)
If the video has been added as a video custom post type, add the post id of the video to add it here. The ID can be found in the url of the post in WordPress. If you set the
type to gallery then you can add multiple comma separated ids.
Output a video from youtube
youtube_id="[youtube-video-id]" (default: blank)
This is the id of the youtube video you want to link to. This is the 11 digit code at the end of a youtube video’s url. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= SW3o7rSn-TY
Output a video from another location
If the video isn’t a youtube video then a the url gets added into a responsive iframe.
These options may also be set:
type="embed/modal/gallery" (default: "embed")
Changes how the video is output on the site:
- “embed” outputs the video inline with the content and allows it to respond as the screen size changes.
- “modal” outputs the video thumbnail inline with the content. Clicking the thumbnail opens up a modal window ontop of the page where the video plays. Options for the modal can be set witht the
modal_optionsattribute. This option doesn’t work with videos brought in using the
- “gallery” outputs the videos in a gallery. One of the videos appears like the embed option. The options for the gallery can be set using the
gallery_optionsattribute. This option doesn’t work with videos brought in using the
Show or hide the title
title="show/hide" (default: "show")
Whether to show or hide the video’s title (only works with videos added as a custom post).
Add custom styles to the title
title_style="[css-class]" (default: blank)
css class that gets added to the title to apply multiple custom styles. Can be used for styling the title. “Overlaid” is built in, which makes the title absolutely positioned in the bottom left hand corner of the video.
Show or hide the thumbnail
thumbnail="show/hide" (default: "show")
Shows or hides the custom thumbnail. If the video is brought in using the
youtube_id attribute, or the video post has no featured image, then the youtube default image will be used. No thumbnail image will be shown when using the
Display options for Modals
modal_options="[options]" (default: empty)
Only used when the type is set to modal. Adds buttons types that close the modal. Multiple options can be selected, add them as a comma separated list.
- “cross” : adds a cross in the top right of the modal.
- “button” : adds a button beneath the modal to close it.
Clicking the background will always close the modal.
Display options for Galleries
gallery_options="[options]" (default: empty)
Only used when the type is set to gallery. Adds different carousel control options. Multiple options can be selected, add them as a comma separated list.
- “arrows” : adds arrows that sit on top of the video.
- “thumbnails” : adds a row of thumbnail images below that can be used to select a different video.
- “indicators” : indicator buttons underneath the video.
This plugin uses modal and gallery js taken from Bootstrap 3.
Help us improve this plugin
If you have any feedback or require any support using this plugin, get in touch with us by email at email@example.com
Example of the modal option
Example of the gallery option
Example of the embed option. The height of the video will respond with the width of the element.