Responsive Lightbox2 plugin adds lightbox functionality to your WordPress site. It allows you to overlay images on top of the current page. You can add this lightbox popup effect to your website images, photos, album or even gallery. Responsive Lightbox2 is responsive and works on all modern browsers.
Responsive Lightbox2 is very user friendly so there is absolutely nothing for you to configure in the lightbox settings. All you need to do is install this plugin and add shortcode to a page to create beautiful lightbox popup.
Responsive Lightbox2 plugin is based on the original jQuery Lightbox script developed by Lokesh Dhakar. This plugin makes it possible for users to add Lightbox2 effect to their WordPress sites.
- Latest version of WordPress
- Beautiful lightbox popup style
- Flexibility of creating your own lightbox link
- Pop up responsive images in lightbox
- Trigger lightbox from either a text/image link
- Compatible with WordPress multisite
- Add lightbox to a text/image link
- Enable lightbox functionality on your site which supports all major browsers
- Use a simple shortcode anywhere on your site (Post, Page, Homepage etc.)to pop up an image in lightbox
- Apply lightbox effect on images inserted into WordPress post/page
- Add lightbox effect to an album or photo gallery
- Add lightbox effect to a gallery of images
- Responsive lightbox2 popup which works on mobile devices. Also it fits perfectly on smaller screens.
Responsive Lightbox2 Usage
Open lightbox from a text
Create a new post/page and use the following shortcode to create a text link which will trigger lightbox once clicked:
[lightbox2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/images/overlay.jpg" hyperlink="click here to pop up image"]
here, url is the link to the image file that you wish to open in lightbox and hyperlink is the anchor text.
Open lightbox from an image
[lightbox2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/images/overlay.jpg" hyperlink="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/images/thumb.jpg"]
here, hyperlink is the anchor/thumbnail image.
Show Title in lightbox
[lightbox2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/images/overlay.jpg" title="overlay image" hyperlink="click here to pop up image"]
For detailed documentation please visit the Responsive Lightbox2 plugin page
Plugin Language Translation
If you are a non-English speaker please help translate responsive lightbox2 into your language.