With this plugin you can add easy to setup newsletter subscription form that can save subscribers information into database, and send subscription information to one of supported online newsletter services or plugins. You can add more than one form in the same time, and each form added can use different styling, settings, subscription service and list.
Plugin allows for great flexibility in rendering and styling of subscription form. Plugin is bundled with 8 skins, more than 60 default color styles and it features a style builder. To minimize spam registrations, plugin has 2 antispam methods: honeypot and referrer. To display the form, you can use:
- Widget to add into sidebar
- Shortcode to add into post content
- Function to add into template
If you use some other online service other than services directly supported by this plugin, you can still use this plugin, and you can export lists with subscribers manually into CSV file.
Supports 3 newsletter plugins and 14 online services
Mailster, MailPoet and SendPress plugins for WordPress newsletters and 14 popular online newsletters services are directly supported (different methods to connect to API’s for these services). You can use multiple lists from each supported service.
List of supported newsletter plugins
- Mailster – Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress
- MailPoet – Newsletters Plugin for WordPress
- SendPress – Newsletters for WordPress don’t get any easier
List of supported subscription services
- MailChimp – Online email marketing solution
- AWeber – Email marketing newsletters
- FreshMail – Email marketing simplified
- ConstantContact – Helping small business do more business
- CampaignMonitor – Send beautiful email newsletters
- MailerLite – Email Newsletters Made Super Easy
- GetResponse – World’s Easiest Email Marketing
- iContact – Professional Email Marketing
- ActiveCampaign – Send newsletters & automate your marketing
- Benchmark – The Best Email Marketing Tool
- BlueHornet – Realize your Email Potential
- MadMimi – Simple Lovely Email
Add one or more subscribe forms for different newsletter lists
Forms use AJAX to send data to server for processing. You can customize form elements, text used for labels and messages for the form, layout and other elements. You can add more then one form through widget, shortcodes or functions.
Stores all subscribers into database with export to file feature
Plugin adds new table into database for storing subscribers data. You can filter this list, and export subscribers information into CSV file for later import into newsletter service website.
Send subscribers information to various newsletter services
If you use one of directly supported newsletter services, plugin will send subscribers information directly to service and list you can specify for each form you add.
Wide range of built in styles and form layouts settings
Plugin comes with more than 60 default color styles for the form. They are based on 8 different skins. Additionally, you can change layout elements (labels, alignment, placeholders in fields) to get form layout the way you need it.
Create your own styles for 8 built in form skins
Start with blank style or duplicate one of the default styles to create your own style with any of 8 available form skins. Use easy to use color pickers, styles real time preview and possibility to add custom CSS to make styles that will best fit your theme.
Generate function or shortcode with easy to use code builder
To make integration process easier, plugin can help you generate shortcode (for post/page content) or function (for direct theme template integration) based on the settings you can change.
Smart AJAX Subscribe allows you to add newsletters subscription selections into various forms in WordPress or forms from different popular plugins. Using same, powerful subscriptions capabilities from Smart AJAX Subscribe you can easily offer your users, visitors or customers to subscribe to one or more newsletter subscription lists when leaving comments, opening topics in forums or making a purchase.
You can individually control each integration method and assign different forms to each one. You can assign any subscription list from main Smart AJAX Subscribe plugin you have set from MailChimp, Mailster, GetResponse and all other supported newsletters services.
This addon can integrate with these plugins and different forms:
- WordPress new comment form
- WordPress standard registration form
- BuddyPress extended registration form
- bbPress new topic form
- bbPress new reply form
- bbPress anonymous post form
- WooCommerce checkout
- JigoShop checkout
- Easy Digital Downloads checkout
Even if the Integration is not tested with every plugin version, it should work fine with all newer releases. If you have problems with it, please contact us and include what plugin and version you are using.
Integration tab to control all integrations
Addon adds extra tab inside the settings panel for Smart AJAX Subscribe where you can see status of all supported plugins (availability and activity), with each form integration.
Assign subscription lists to every integration
For each integration method you can assign one or more subscription lists with different label and different initial checked state. Also, you can add some custom HTML to be displayed before and after checkboxes list.
Seamless integration into various forms
Plugin integrates with different forms seamlessly and you can easily style added checkboxes further if you need to. If you need, plugin can be integrated manually into any other form in WordPress, and more information on that is included in the developers guide PDF in the addon package.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Includes email notification system to inform admin about new subscribers.
- Includes two antispam methods to minimize spam subscription requests.
- Includes PDF user and developer guide with file with database table schema.
- Support for Multisite WordPress mode, each website can set plugin on it’s own.
- Support for translation and includes POT file.
System and WordPress Requirements
- PHP 5.6 or newer
- PHP cURL extension
- PHP OpenSSL extension
- WordPress 4.7 or newer
Plugin contains PDF user guide in the plugin package ‘documentation’ directory. Check out this user guide to get information on plugin options, usage and more.
Version 5.0 / 2019.07.10.
- Added: Integration addon is now part of the plugin
- Updated: Plugin is fully tested with PHP 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3
- Updated: Improved minification of CSS and JS files
- Updated: MiniColors 2.3.4
- Updated API: Mailster renamed to Mailster
- Updated API: Mailster 2.0 or newer required
- Updated API: MailPoet 3.0 or newer required
- Updated API: ActiveCampaign 2.0.3
- Updated API: AWeber 1.1.17
- Updated API: iContact 2.0.2018-01-02
- Updated API: FreshMail 2.0.1
- Removed API: GraphicMail
- Removed API: EmailBrain
- Fixed: Mailchimp lists not cached
- Fixed: Mailchimp optin field shows form ID instead name
- Fixed: Tabbed admin side menus color changes
- Fixed: Broken import of plugin settings file
- Fixed: Several small styling problems
Version 4.3 / 2016.11.29.
- Added: MailChimp 3.0 API
- Added: GetResponse 3.0 API
- Changed: All CSS files are using better minification
- Changed: Updated all translation strings in POT file
- Changed: Requires WordPress 4.0 or newer
- Changed: Plugin is fully tested with PHP 7.0
- Updated API: AWeber
- Fixed: Broken Addons panel