A Progressive Web App (PWA) is a new technology that is a middle ground between a website and a mobile app. They are installed on the phone like a normal app (web app) and can be accessed from the home screen.
Users can come back to your website by launching the app from their home screen and interact with your website through an app like interface.
What included in the box
Here is a list of features the current release can do:
- Generate a manifest for your website and add it to the of the page
- Set the application icon for your Progressive Web App.
- Set the background color for the splash screen of your Progressive Web App.
- Your website will show “Add to home screen” notice when accessed in a supported browser (please refer FAQ).
Please note that the app is very basic at the moment and does not include offline fall-backs. Only the homepage is cached offline as of now.
What features are we working on
- Offline pages
- Aggressive caching of pages
- Better admin notices and info
We are a duo who got excited about the idea. Our mission is simple: Help you build an awesome PWA that users would want to have on their home screen.
When we first heard about PWA we wanted to learn everything about. We have spent countless hours learning and wants to share it with the world.
Please give us your constructive feedback and support.
Feature Requests, Issues, Pull Requests
Here is our repository on GitHub. Send us your pull requests, feature requests or issues, if any.