The General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) that came into effect on May 25, 2018, oblige the owners of the websites to inform users of the following aspects:
- Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
- What is the purpose for which personal data are collected?
- What is the legal basis for collecting the data?
- Who can be the recipients of personal data?
- What are the rights that users can exercise in terms of data protection?
Another obligation for the owners of the websites is to obtain the consent of the users, explicitly, in order to collect and process their data. To obtain this consent, the user must take an action (such as check a checkbox), that is, the users must be aware that they are giving their consent for a specific purpose.
This is the plugins options screen.