- Monitoring file system for added / deleted / changed files.
- Sending email with the detailed information when changes are detected.
- Displaying monitor alerts in the administration area.
- Monitoring files for changes based on file hash, time stamp and/or file size.
- Excluding files and directories from scan.
- Allows to run the file checking via an external cron so not to slow down visits to your website and to give greater flexibility over scheduling.
- Allows to include / exclude files from scanning by extension.
- Multisite compatible (plugin settings are located under the Settings menu of the main website).
This plugin is a fork of the WordPress File Monitor Plus plugin which has been last time updated 5 years ago. It was forked because there seems to be no further development on the existing plugin while it has critical security issues (old plugin creates a directory in uploads folder with 777 permissions allowing full write access to all users of the server; old plugin exposes the full list of website files & directories stored in a file in the uploads folder if Nginx is used as a web server). New WordPress File Monitor plugin has the following improvements:
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7
- Fixed mkdir 777 permissions security issue
- Added instructions for securing data if using Nginx as a web server
- Admin alert is displayed in a modal window
- Fixed Multisite issues
- Improved monitor admin interface
- Added notes & hints to the Settings page
- More to come, stay tuned