Place a custom banner and link at the top of your category and post pages. Easily update the image through your category edit page.
- No configuration needed, just install and start using
- Supports an image for each category
- Custom post category positions with a template tag, shortcode for including the image in a custom area in your custom category template and post template.
- Support a link for each category / banner image
- From the sidebar click ‘Posts’ -> ‘Categories’
- Select an individual category from your list
- Paste the url or upload the image of the banner you’d like to use into the “Banner Image Url” field
- That’s it, your banner should now be displaying on your category page.
- Remove image by deleting the url from the edit category page.
You can hide the automatic image placement by unchecking “Automatically insert banner above main content of category page” while on posts to display its necessary to check the second checkbox.
You can then place the template tag wp_show_category_banner() in your custom category template to customize the position of the image in your markup. Note – this tag must be placed on category templates – not posts templates.
For posts template copy and paste shortcode do_shortcode( ‘[category_post_banner]’ ) at desired location.
No screenshots provided