** New features compared to CW Image Optimizer?**
1. **New plugin structure with many code rewrites and performance improvments
1. **Bulk Optimization now uses ajax to optimize images and can handle huge amount of images (bulk optimization was performed successfully on a 15k+ media library)
1. **Optimize function can now includes fix images meta if structure is not correct
1. **Bulk Optimization can now be performed on All images or only the ones that haven’t been optimized yet
The WP Image Optimizer is a WordPress plugin that will automatically and losslessly optimize your images as you upload them to your blog. It can also optimize the images that you have already uploaded in the past.
Because WP Image Optimizer uses lossless optimization techniques, your image quality will be exactly the same before and after the optimization. The only thing that will change is your file size.
Why use WP Image Optimizer?
- Your pages will load faster. Smaller image sizes means faster page loads. This will make your visitors happy, and can increase ad revenue.
- Faster backups. Smaller image sizes also means faster backups.
- Less bandwidth usage. Optimizing your images can save you hundreds of KB per image, which means significantly less bandwidth usage.
- Super fast. Because it runs on your own server, you don’t have to wait for a third party service to receive, process, and return your images. You can optimize hundreds of images in just a few minutes.
Contact and Credits
Additional optimize column added to media listing. You can see your savings, or manually optimize individual images.
Bulk optimization page. You can optimize all your images at once. This is very useful for existing blogs that have lots of images.