Many of the WordPress website users fetches the media image in featured image section or content editor to be displayed at front-end. Now, the big headache is if we want to change an image to some new image then we will have to change it in all the posts types where this image has been used.
WP Media Replace solves this headache by managing everything smoothly.
A brief about the logics:
- Goto to edit more section of a media item and in bottom you will find “Replace Media” section.
- Upload and new image which will replace the exisiting image in this media item.
- Suppose you are having an image named as “existing.png” and you want to replace it with “new.png”.
- Upload “new.png” in “Replace Media” section and click on “Update”.
- “existing.png” will be moved to “del” folder and “new.png” will be copied and renamed as “existing.png”.
- Now, you will have to same images with different names “exising.png” and “new.png” to overcome this issue check the box to delete the “new.png” at the time of uploading it.
No screenshots provided