WordPress SEO Plugin
SEO should be simple and just work, without needing to hire developers and SEO experts to get the basics right.
That’s why we’ve built WP Simple SEO
– a simple, effective WordPress search engine optimization plugin that automatically configures SEO for your WordPress web site.
Single Page Setup
When you first activate and access WP Simple SEO, our single page setup screen provides the key steps that need completing.
If you’re coming from Yoast and AIOSEO Pack, you can automatically import your existing Yoast or AIOSEO configuration.
Simple Site Submission and Verification
By using our one page setup screen, you can:
- Register your site with Google (Search Console / Webmaster Tools),
- Verify ownership of your site
- Submit WP Simple SEO’s XML sitemap to Google
There’s no need to copy access tokens, meta verification strings, XML sitemap URLs or learn how to use Google Search Console to submit a
sitemap. WP Simple SEO does all of this for you, right from within the WordPress Administration interface.
See for yourself:
By default, Page Titles and Meta Description tags are automatically set.
You can change them easily, and using our template tags build dynamic Page Titles and Meta Descriptions.
By default, WP Simple SEO generates the XML sitemap the search engines need to index your content. Again, there are no complex steps –
you can submit your sitemap to Google right from within the WordPress Administration interface.
Don’t want to use our XML Sitemaps? No problem – simply disable them in the Sitemaps section of the plugin.
By default, Open Graph and Twitter card metadata is enabled.
Don’t want to use our social metadata? No problem – simply disable them in the Social section of the plugin.
Google Knowledge Graph
Combining Social Metadata, and some extra options, WP Simple SEO outputs the necessary schema data which Google can use for its
We define your robots.txt file content to allow search engines to crawl your site.
Running WP Simple SEO on a local, development or staging site? WP Simple SEO detects this, and automatically does the following:
- Disables XML sitemap submission,
- Blocks search engines from crawling your site (using robots.txt and User-Agent detection)
This ensures your test sites don’t get accidentally indexed by the search engines.
Duplicate Content Avoidance
WP Simple SEO prevents search engines from indexing specific sections of your web site that might result in a duplicate content penalty
(such as your author and date-based blog post archives, if you’re running a single author WordPress Blog)
Intelligent Configuration Options
By choice, WP Simple SEO provides only the options you need. Chosen not to index a specific Taxonomy Term? WP Simple SEO automatically
detects this, and won’t include this content in your XML sitemap, or submit it to Google.
We understand that no WordPress Plugin is good if you don’t know how to use it. That’s why we provide extensive, full documentation
covering all aspects of WP Simple SEO:
Best of all, you’ll find contextual Documentation links from within WP Simple SEO’s interface.
We truly want WP Simple SEO to be the best WordPress SEO Plugin. If you have any questions, or something goes wrong, please reach out to
us through the wordpress.org Support Forums.
This not only helps fix your support issue, but improves WP Simple SEO for everyone.
For developers and more advanced users, here’s a full breakdown of what WP Simple SEO offers and can do:
- General: Register and Verify Site with Google Search Console via oAuth
- General: Verify Site with Bing Webmaster Tools
- General: Google Knowledge Graph (Entity Type, Name, Logo, plus Social Media Profile links), output using LD+JSON schema
- General: Enable/disable Google Sitelinks Search Box
- Meta: Page Titles, Meta Descriptions and noindex options for Home Page, all public Post Types, all public Taxonomies, Author Archives,
Date-based Archives and Search Results
- Meta: Page Title option for 404 Page
- Social: OpenGraph Social Metadata, output using LD+JSON schema
- Social: Social Media Profile links for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, MySpace, Pinterest, SoundCloud and Tumblr
- Social: Twitter Card Type and Username
- Sitemaps: XML Sitemap generation (noindexed items are automatically excluded from the XML sitemap)
- Sitemaps: Submit XML sitemap automatically to Google
- Canonical links, including prev and next, automatically set for paginated archives and single Pages/Posts with