The WP Taxonomy GUI Manager plugin changes the default view of categories/taxonomies to more sensible view. This plugin provides you an easy interface for managing taxonomy terms in WordPress dashboard. You may often notice that there is a:
- Category/taxonomy metabox on the post edit screen
- Category/terms listing page which mixes up parent and child terms on the same page
and very complex to use. Wouldnâ€™t it be nice if you could re-arrange these sections to a way that helps improve your UI experience? This plugin comes with very nice solution for this whole.
- Easy to setup and use
- While editing a post in WordPress there is a category/taxonomy metabox that shows the categories/terms in tree/hierarchy. When you chose your child category/term and update your post, the category/term tree list changes so that the chosen category/term move to the top of the tree list and disappear from the original category/term tree. This plugin allows you to choose taxonomies for which you want the chosen categories/terms still to remain within the organized tree and not moved to the top of the tree list.
- You may often notice that there is a category/taxonomy metabox on the post edit screen that is very complex to use. Wouldnâ€™t it be nice if you could re-arrange this metabox to the way that helps improve your UI experience? This plugin allows you to choose taxonomies for which you want to show plugin provided custom metabox UI.
- After using WordPress for a while, you may notice that category/terms listing page is very complex to use as it mixes up parent and child terms on the same page. Wouldnâ€™t it be nice if parent and child terms can be differentiate in a way so it shows only parent terms with having a quick link against each term to see its child terms? This plugin allows you to choose taxonomies for which you want to show plugin provided custom listing UI.
- Upload the `wp-taxonomy-gui-manager` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the â€˜Pluginsâ€™ menu in WordPress.
- OR simply upload the plugin from WordPress admin section under Plugins >> Add New >> Upload Plugin.
- Visit the â€œWP Taxonomy GUI Managerâ€ Sub Menu from â€œSettingsâ€ Menu.
== 1.0 == * Launched the initial version of the plugin