This is DeBounce email validation plugin which allows you to validate emails and make sure they really exost before submitting on the forms. This plugin uses DeBounce.io API platform.
The plugin enhances the is_email() function of WordPress and easily integrate with it. This plugin perfectly works with:
- Contact Form 7
- WordPress comments
- WordPress registration forms
- Ninja Forms
- and with any other form which uses the is_email() function (no changes required).
The plugin can also be integrated into 3rd party forms that do not use the is_email() function.
What this plugin do?
Based of DeBounce API documentation (https://debounce.io/api/), this engine perform the following checks:
- DNS validation, including MX record lookup
- Disposable email address detection
- Misspelled domain detection to prevent Typosquatting
- Syntax verification (IETF/RFC standard conformance)
- Temporary unavailability detection
- Mailbox existence checking
- Catch-All testing
- Greylisting detection
- SMTP connection and availability checking
The plugin requires an API Key to perform. You can get a free API from:
DeBounce don’t send any email to the recipient address during the entire validation process. All processing is done on it’s servers, your IP addresses and domains are not affected in any way by the DeBounce service. So, your IP or domains never get blacklisted, since this plugin never use them.
DeBounce really cares about data protection and user privacy and never store any emails called from API. For more information, please read the following links: