NitroPack is a new type of performance optimization plugin. It does the optimizations in the cloud which makes it very lightweight, compared to standard caching plugins NitroPack has much lower overhead on your CPU.
Configuration of the plugin requires no technical knowledge as all you need to do is select your desired optimization level: Standard, Medium, Strong or Ludicrous.
NitroPack uses a wide array of techniques to achieve the best possible automated optimization on your website based on the selected optimization level.
By using NitroPack you get the following (typically paid in other plugins) functionalities for free without the need of any additional configuration:
- Amazon CloudFront CDN – your static assets are automatically served from a CDN based on Amazon’s CloudFront service
- Image optimization – all of your images are automatically optimized and converted to WebP
- Cache warmup – We will keep your most important pages optimized at all times
Due to its revolutionary design NitroPack offers some unique features and benefits like:
- Cache invalidation – cache files in NitroPack can be invalidated instead of purged, which means NitroPack will keep serving your visitors from cache until while a fresh copy of the cache is being generated in the background. This helps you in high traffic situations (e.g. campaigns) allowing you to keep updating your site while still serving cache to your clients, keeping your site fast.
- Critical CSS tailored to each of your unique layouts – typically plugins that provide critical CSS functionality will prepare a single critical CSS file per post type. However, you may have multiple pages with the same post type but different layouts. NitroPack detects this and generates unique critical CSS for each unique layout. Oh, and because desktop and mobile devices have vastly different viewports NitroPack will use different critical CSS for each device type as well 😉
- Optimize resources linked statically into your theme files – NitroPack will discover and optimize all resources linked into your theme, even ones that come hardcoded into your CSS files (even if they are multiple levels down an @import chain)
- No risk of damaging your original site files – NitroPack works on copies of your site files, so even if an optimization goes bad you can simply purge your cache to start over, or disable NitroPack in which case your site goes back to the state it was in before activating our plugin
- Image lazy loading
- Iframe lazy loading
- Amazon CDN
- Cloudflare integration
- Sucuri integration
- Generic reverse proxy integration (NGINX, Varnish, etc.)
- Image previews for YouTube embeds
- Deferring render-blocking resources
- Font rendering optimization
- DNS prefetch
- Compatible with mobile, tablet and desktop devices out of the box
- Multisite ready
- Support for scheduled posts
- eCommerce compatibility
- Multilingual support
- Easy setup
- Advanced resource loading mechanism
- Resource preloading using web workers
- Automatic cache management – NitroPack will automatically update its cache files when you update content on your site
- Option to exclude certain pages from being cache
- Option to exclude certain resources from being optimized
- Option to ignore URL parameters that do not modify the content of your pages (e.g. campaign parameters like utm_source, utm_campaign, etc.)
- No database connection needed
NitroPack and Campaigns
There are two major issues when running a campaign – the first is that each visitor hits your server with a unique URL request and the second issue is that you will lose your cache if you update content on your site.
NitroPack has two very powerful features that help you survive during such high traffic situations whether you are running a big campaign or your site suddenly becomes trending.
- NitroPack recognizes campaign parameters in the URL and ignores them when looking up a cache file for the campaign request.
- Cache invalidation – Typically when you update content on your site caching plugins have to purge their cache and start rebuilding it. However, this may impact user experience when a purge occurs during a high traffic period because your visitors will no longer be served from cache and your server will have to work extra hard to generate new cache files. NitroPack solves this by invalidating its cache, instead of purging, which means it starts refreshing the cache files in the background while your clients are still being served the slightly outdated cache files.