Unique uploaded media names by adding some extra random string.
By default, WordPress upload file name slugs at it are. Sometimes if any file name conflicts, WordPress adds extra suffix at the end of the slug name.
my-image.jpg and if the file name is similar,
my-image-2.jpg and so on.
By installing this plugin, every uploaded media will have unique values as a suffix at the end of the uploaded media name. Default uploaded string value is 15 character and have zero possibility of file name confliction.
Uploaded file name + Unique String
- Adds unique suffix at the end of the uploaded file name. e.g.: my-image-
- Generated strings are very unique and less possibility of confliction
- Remove Accents
Convert to ASCII
- Crypto Rand Secure with
- Added more extra switch conditions to use other string generator. (
No Zero Numeric,
Distinct). Just edit line number
- converts unnecessary space, underscore and special characters to hyphen character.
- Consumes very low memory
- Single file
- Open source license, modify and distribute with your own.
GPLv2 or later
- Tested with