Generates a XML Sitemap on your WordPress multi-language website when powered by Stella multi-language plugin.
This plugin generates multi-language XML Sitemap on the fly, automatically pings Google and Bing everytime content is published, and includes sitemap url in WordPress robots.txt.
Why a Sitemap is so important? It’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. By adding the Sitemap url to the robots.txt file search engines like ask.com, Yahoo and others will also be able to crawl your site more easily, increasing your website awareness.
- Generates Sitemap files, for each language, on the fly and automatically (no static files in the disk)
- Sitemaps include post/page images, according to sitemap protocol (sitemaps.org)
- Automatically notifies Google and Bing everytime content is published
- Inserts the Sitemap index URL into WordPress robots.txt file according to best SEO practices.
- Works with custom post types and custom taxonomies. You may exclude any of these if needed.
Very easy to use and to setup!
Do you want to help translating this plugin? If you’d like to help, please let me know.
- Ask.com, moreover.com, aol.com don’t support sitemap submission anymore. Their recommendation is to include the Sitemap URL in the robots.txt file.
- This release is not compatible with the new multisite feature of WordPress 3.0 yet. We’re working on that!
- This release is compatible with all WordPress versions since 3.5. If you are still using an older one, upgrade your WordPress NOW!