Texty is a lightweight SMS notification plugin for WordPress.
With so many emails coming to your inbox, often it becomes overwhelming to get top of things that you feel most important. A text notification on your phone, WhatsApp, or Telegram may be more desired.
How does it work?
Texty integrates with 3rd party SMS providers to add support for text messaging.
If you need an SMS notification when a user registers your website, Texty can send a text alert to you when someone registers. Similarly, when a different event occurs in different plugins, Texty can send a text notification depending upon the event.
Another example might be an order notification from WooCommerce. Upon receiving an order, you might decide to receive a text notification, as well as your customer may get a text notification when the order status changes.
- New User – Send an alert when someone registers on your website.
- New Comment – Get an alert when anyone lefts a comment.
- Admin – When Order Status is Processing – Get an alert when a new order is received in Processing status.
- Admin – When Order Status is Complete – Get an alert when a new order is Complete.
- Customer – When Order Status is On Hold – Send an alert to the customer when a new order received, but is in On Hold status.
- Customer – When Order Status is Processing – Send an alert to the customer when a new order changes to Processing status.
- Customer – When Order Status is Complete – Send an alert to the customer when a order changes to Complete status.
- Vendor – When Order Status is Processing – Send an alert to the vendor when a new order received in Processing status.
- Vendor – When Order Status is Complete – Send an alert to the vendor when a order changes to Complete.
As Texty doesn’t have any capability to send a text by itself, it integrates with 3rd party providers to do so. You should check the individual provider’s terms of service and privacy policies before using them.
Texty uses Appsero SDK to collect some telemetry data upon user’s confirmation. This helps us to troubleshoot problems faster & make product improvements.
Appsero SDK does not gather any data by default. The SDK only starts gathering basic telemetry data when a user allows it via the admin notice. We collect the data to ensure a great user experience for all our users.
Learn more about how Appsero collects and uses this data.
Gateway settings page
All supported notifications panel
Tools page for quick testing
WooCommerce admin notification
WooCommerce customer notification