AllSlider is a responsive, touch enabled, slider carousel plugin for WordPress that allows you to create multiple sliders using a drag & drop interface and show them using a shortcode or a widget.
AllSlider offers two types of sliders:
- Custom Slider: each slide can have a different content type.
- Posts Slider: slides are created querying posts from your site according to parameters you specify.
Custom Slider – Slide Types
This mode allows you to create up to five different slide types:
- HTML and Shortcodes, edit this using the WordPress Editor
- Products, if you have Woocommerce plugin installed and active
Posts Slider – Posts Query Parameters
- Show or hide post title
- Display post content, excerpt or nothing
- Select the featured image size or hide it
- Align image left, right or on top
- Show or hide date, author, categories, tags and comments
- Query posts by most recent, number of comments, post title (alphabetical) or show them in random order
- Sort posts in ascending or descending order
Using the slider
After you create your sliders, you can then add them in your posts or pages using the shortcode provided. You can also add them in a Woocommerce product description or in general in any custom post type content. Multiple sliders can be added to a post or page.
If you need to display them on your sidebars, you can use the widget included. Just like with shortcodes, multiple sliders can be added to a sidebar.
Each slider features:
- responsive, to fit mobile or desktop devices
- touch and swipe support
- choose pagination using dots, thumbnails or none
- scroll or fade transition effect
- transition speed
- auto play
- auto play speed
- show direction arrows to go back and forward
- selectable number of visible items at once
- number of items to scroll
- scroll using keyboard arrows
And as shown in the screenshots, when editing the slider, you can sort the slides using drag and drop to achieve the order you want.
Setting up the slides for Custom Slider type
Each slide has its own set of controls, with appropriate options for each one.
Use the new Media gallery interface included in WordPress 3.5 to add and reuse images directly from your WordPress gallery, a link field and a text caption field.
Post slide allows you to select a post to display in the slide and choose whether to show the title or not, show the excerpt, content or nothing, and display a featured image size or not.
The video slide provides a field to add the video embed code and a field for a text caption
HTML and Shortcodes
This slide type allows you to use the WordPress Editor to compose your text and upload images. In WordPress 3.9 you can drag and drop your images on it to upload them.
If you have the Woocommerce plugin installed and active, you can display products in the slider, choosing whether to show the title or not, the price, the add to cart button, the product description or the short description and the image size, where the additional image sizes available for Woocommerce are also shown.
The settings page allows you to customize the appearance of the slider to match your site, from choosing colors for title, content or excerpt and thumbnails pagination using Iris color picker the standard color picker bundled with WordPress, to adding your own CSS rules using the custom styling field provided.
Access the support forum
Assistance is provided exclusively through the support forum.